Critique reflection

from the comments, I received on my film I can extrapolate that we did well on the cinematography, editing, and acting but the concept or story of the film was not well conveyed. what we did best throughout the film was camera movements and in specific our use of the slow cant to convey the monsters transition and the multiple dolly backs. however, our classmates all did better than us in incorporating the principles of design to help convey meaning in their shots and film at a whole. I need to improve on planning the shoot for editing some of the continuities that were effective in the shoot just did not work in the edit. additionally, I need to improve on my ability to plan for continuity ahead of time in accordance with the geography of the school and know exactly  all the beats of the story., on the other hand, our classmates do need to improve on keeping continuity from scene to scene in costuming or in location and in conveying their story in a way that is understandable. by this, I mean that a character should be clearly defined as who they are. from this project, I learned that my strengths lie in directing and writing but I need to improve in my ability to plan shots, edit, and act myself. I can improve by planing exactly what I am going to do and how instead of the improvisational nature we took on this project. Overall from this process of critique, I was able to see were I am as a artist in comparison to my peers and know exactly how i need to improve.

Comments

Popular Posts