Avant Garde Film: Assembly Lines



        Resolution is the level of detail that a video has, meaning that in general the higher the resolution the higher the quality of the video. Aspect ratio is the size of the image that is being filmed. Generally the higher the resolution being filmed the larger the aspect ratio that could be achieved. These two concepts are important: as it is necessary to film in constant resolution and aspect ratio.
        if I were to redo this project the first thing I would have done differently is to film in constant resolution and aspect ratio to avoid having to fix that in post. Another change I would make is have cleaner pans and camera moments across the entirety of the film. this is most noticeable in the first shot. Those are the only notable technical changes I would have made. However, conceptually this film is flawed as a montage because it requires long painful shots. On the other hand, in this film we did well in incorporating the required technical elements into the overall story so they don't seem forced. In addition, we did well in utilizing color to develop meaning within our film. But our largest accomplishment was in the ability of our shots to be put into different orders to develop different meanings demonstrated by the differences between my and Blaze's film.     

Comments

Popular Posts