The Tragedy of Hernest Emingway
Overall, in this film, I did alright. The film was reasonably well edited, written, and directed. In particular, we did well in planning the film completely: following the storyboard, planning for editing, and incorporating all requirements of the project. However, we met some problems in the camera work. The largest problem in this area was in many of the shots my and Nate's heads were cut off by the fact that Jaclyn was far shorter than both of us. This problem was only deepened by inconsistent aspect ratio. It particularly noticeable in the shot were Nate takes the fish from me. In order to preform the camera movements required of that shot we had to use a handheld camera. If I were to redo this I would have had a taller person shoot this scene or have used a dolly. Another problem in this film was that some shots had sloppy mistakes. This takes its most basic form in some shots not having proper focus. Another basic mistake I made was having the 'digital lab' sign appear in the film. the final basic mistake we made was in some of our camera movements not being smooth. But, despite these issues in cinematography I feel that we were able to create a film with deep meaning. both on a narrative level, and a cinematic one utilizing the principles of design to create meaning and emotion. This can particularly be seen in the use of balance and diagonal lines through this film. If I were to redo this project I would have spent more time getting the shots done correctly doing more retakes to get them right. In addition I would have liked to be able to go into the sound booth to record a poem I co-wrote for this film.
After originally story boarding this film, I co-wrote a poem with Ed Hans about its story. I originally planed to use it as narration, but time was a limited resource.
poem:
I fish for
I’m a Fisherman
And my name is Hernest emingway
I’m the one who’s gonna catch the fish
Swoop bing tomp
Hook and catch
Watch,
And Away we go
Swing in the water down low
Sploosh blub blub
Goldie Fish swamp and stomp and stub
He sees a tasty treat
Some life
Some meat
He wiggles over to claim his prize
He sees something strange and he is wise
But such a tasty treat ready to eat
No no he cannot eat
This is no treat
Fishie fish try to swim away
But Fisherman he's to smart
A big old net he lay
Me’s catch good fat fish that day
Fish fish is mine i say
And big fump fump man he hear me say and he come over and he go
Hey my friend, you are my friend and...
And we are both not sick and all that!
And i just want to say that we are like two flies on a brick!
And i just want to add that what i got in a day is also what you got but mostly the other side you know what i mean, brother brother
And i say you sure are nice but,
i just would not want to throw those dice for free today!
But then he say
What i mean is...
What i mean to say is that fish, he’d not yours
He ours
He’s mine more like, but also ours
He grab my goldie
I do not ask
He jot away and what’d he do
What he say?
Is that the fish proved we must all be one
He walk down to town
He gallop away
He tell all the persons
He speak real big
The fish, this is his proof
Proof of his word
And I’d buy it too not that i would
And the people they chant
And they follow the rhymes
And the make up new words
And they start looking weird and sounding just off
And Bigg Fump say one day that we must be our self's each strong to be good to he
And we must now be nice to the mans with the sticks
And i wonder what this all be?
Cus we are’nt means to be one and
mans are bad i know that for sure
And I think real tough
And i think again
And i know what i want pretty sure
I want to get out
And i want to go sew
That was my fish and this guy
This guys just a fool
So i tell all my friends
And I tell them my thought
And they go up to Fump
And they spoilt my plot
And i'm a ruin now days
And i have nothing to say
For I was a fisherman
And my name is still Hernest Emingway
Comments
Post a Comment